What is Cloud Computing?
Wikipedia defines cloud computing as computing in which dynamically scalable and often virtualized resources are delivered as a service over the web. In other words, you use online solutions instead of downloaded software to run and manage your data and business. You log in to servers on the Internet which store data that you own in a theoretical “cloud.” The term “cloud” is used as a metaphor for the Internet, based on the cloud drawing used in the past to represent the telephone network, and later to depict the Internet in computer network diagrams.
REthink clients get the best of both worlds:
- Multi-tenant Real Estate solutions designed and developed by Think Tech Labs (the award-winning Real Estate technology experts).
- Hosted and delivered as an affordable on-demand service by Salesforce.com on its secure and proven cloud computing platform (called Force.com).
- Because all the data, functions and tools of the application are hosted for you on Salesforce.com’s secure, multi-tenancy cloud computing platform, all the traditional barriers are removed.
- There are no up-front costs for purchasing either the application or additional hardware to run it.
- Pay-as-you-go model.
- The solution can be up and running more quickly and delivering a rapid return on investment.
- Ongoing support and maintenance is taken care of for you, so there are no hidden in-house IT resource costs.
- If your needs change, then your application instantly scales to match your new requirements.
- All that you pay is a straightforward, affordable monthly rental fee.